Job Posting Type
To qualify, candidates need to submit an online application and meet the following requirements:
1. Have a current credential or a 30-Day Substitute Permit. If you do not have a 30-Day Substitute Permit, you can review the application process here:
We encourage applicants to complete the 30-Day Substitute Permit application and submit it to our Credential Office, who will mail the application to the Commission. This allows our department to issue hired substitutes a Temporary County Certificate (TCC), a permit which enables substitutes to work immediately while his or her 30-Day Substitute Permit application is reviewed.
2. Have a bachelor's degree
3. Meet the Basic Skills Requirement:
4. Be available for assignments at least once a week, particularly on Mondays and Fridays
5. Be flexible and willing to work all SFUSD schools, particularly at our Hard to Staff schools
6. Substitute a minimum of 36 days per year.